skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

If your question isn't answered below, please get in touch

How long must passengers passports be valid for?

Passports should be valid for 6 months after your return date.

Are Visas required?

It is the passengers responsibility to check visa requirements. Please check with the relevant consulate or contact us and we will be happy to advise.

What vaccinations are required?

Please check with your local G.P. for up to date information on vaccinations.

Can passengers smoke on board?

Smoking is permitted in designated areas on deck & in the Tropical Bar.

Are there towels provided?

Towels are provided for swimming and in the cabin.

Is there a laundry service?

Yes, information on this is in the cabin on your arrival.

Is there a dry cleaning service?

Only Royal Clipper has this service; information on this is in the cabin on your arrival.

Pools on board — are they salt water or fresh water?

The pools on all of the ships are salt water.

Is there air-conditioning on board?

The dining room and inside bars have air-conditioning. Cabins have their own controls.

What are the electrical currents on board the ships?

Star Clipper & Star Flyer – 110 volts and requires an American adapter. Royal Clipper – 220 volts and requires a European adapter.

What attire is suitable on board Star Clippers?

Evenings – casual elegance (Jackets and ties are not required – no shorts and t-shirts). Daytime – casual.

Are hairdryers available on board?

Hairdryers are in all cabins except cat 6 on the Royal Clipper.

Can you work as crew on the ships?

Star Clippers have their own crew, but they do allow passengers to help at set times. This is not a working holiday.

Are there facilities to telephone & e-mail onboard?

All cabins have a direct dial telephone. There are e-mail facilities on board, where you can send e-mails.

Are gratuities included?

No, these are to be paid at the end of your sailing. The suggested amount is €8pppn (€56 for a 7 night cruise).

Are there facilities onboard to change money?

No, there are no foreign exchange facilities onboard.

The Vacation Company

Get The Vacation Company Brochure

©2007-2020 Sentaford Limited Trading as The Vacation Company (S4433) Retail agents for ATOL holders and other principals. All rights reserved.
Registered Address: The Vacation Company, 51 Chillingham Drive, Waldridge Park, Chester-Le-Street, County Durham, DH2 3TJ
Registered in England number: 04917354.

Privacy Policy & Disclaimer